Monday, September 5, 2011

US Open: The Top 8 Quotes of The First 8 Days


===
If you were expecting anything other than a fantastic first week at the US Open, then you were pleasantly surprised. As for those of us who live for Grand Slam tennis, we got what we wanted—a week so full of buzz and momentous occasions, you'd need several arms to have enough fingers to count them all.

Enjoy the video above to relive some of the glory of the week that was, then drop below to read the top 8 quotes of the first 8 days of the US Open.


1.  "Definitely not." -- Donald Young, with a wry smile, on whether it was possible that his twitter war with the USTA was a good thing.

2.  "I mean, I'm sure a lot of people were surprised because it was him that was cramping. But Rafa's human. I think some people forget that sometimes." -- Andy Murray, nonplussed, on Rafael Nadal's cramping in a press conference.

3.  "You always want to know what it is precisely? I don't even know what it means, so I don't know." -- Tomas Berdych, perturbed, when being grilled by the press after retiring from his 3rd round match against Janko Tipsarevic due to a shoulder injury.

4.  "I have no idea...that's a silly question. I'm sorry." -- Victoria Azarenka, perplexed, when asked how great the distance is between Serena and the rest of the field.

5.  "I just got out of High School. Yeah, obviously when you play on Arthur Ashe at the US Open it feels a lot different than playing at Blue Valley North High School in May at the state championship." -- Jack Sock, appreciative, on the thrill of playing bright lights, big city tennis.

6.  "That hurts watching, at least for me. I'd be out for a year...life." -- John McEnroe, amazed, on Serena Williams doing the splits in her 3rd round match against Victoria Azarenka.

7.  "I'll call you in a few days and let you know." -- Maria Sharapova, smugly, when asked what she was going to do in order to regain her "A" game.

8.  "Even though I lost the match, it was a good feeling." -- Gael Monfils, touchingly naive, on how wonderful it was to receive a standing ovation after his 5-set loss to Juan Carlos Ferrero.

2 comments:

  1. that murray quote is hilarious. and what a nice kid, that jack sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my web site
    so i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!


    My web-site: escritorio de advocacia - -

    ReplyDelete

Leave your two cents here!